Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Where to find a nice girl/lady to marry with

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Be prepared for trial and error. Perhaps selecting a “less than attractive” or “slightly” overweight girl increases your odds. Most of the good ones are taken.
    Note: trophy girls can be dangerous.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well I for one do NOT care what YOU say or think, IQ is no basis for any Relationship unless of course some people are thinking they are better than others :bag: and then Forget where we are

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    And what exactly does an IQ test measure? Is it the ability to do well at an IQ test? Intelligence is so multi-faceted that, going by tests I saw a long time ago and perhaps they are more refined now, is it the ability to rotate shapes (spatial intelligence), the use of words (verbal intelligence), the ability to perform mental arithmetic, the ability to find patterns? And how much value to do we give to each component of intelligence - is someone very good at spatial skills and poor at verbal skills equal to someone with the reverse abilities? Guilford's Structure of Intellect is a model now out of favour, but it does demonstrate how complex it is to identify the components and give some value to each of them.

Sure, IQ tests give an indication but often you can get that by just talking to someone - even just by looking at them! My own view is that there are so many facets of intelligence that it is an error to label someone 'intelligent' and someone 'dumb' - we should look at what each individual has skills within and often be surprised that an intelligent person can be so dumb at times and a dumb person so bright at times.

And as @Glendazumba said: EQ (emotional quotient) can be more relevant in a relationship.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    To Happy Camper’s point, with the different culture here, compared to westerners, keeping a level relationship takes work. Relationships never stay the same. They will get worse by themselves so you have to continually work on them to keep them positive. An ongoing project.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Agree - and helping the girl's family is a way to help people less fortunate. Our contributions will make a significant difference. BUT, nothing wrong with setting out the situation before things get to the married (or living together) stage - just indicate the help you can provide, as a fixed monthly sum, and if the girl thinks you are a kuripot then abandon ship. Never let yourself be put into a situation where the requests keep flowing in at an increasing rate and level and from a wider and wider family circle. I help my aged parents-in-law, FULL STOP - the others have to survive in this world on their own.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    Might be a better investment compared to the enormous ammounts you have to spend in western countries to learn to know someone and support her in relationship - apart from later costs of divorce...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    strange request from abroad. the music plays here so come over. if you cannot find a girl whatever kind of you are looking for you are lost so or so, no matter where you are. sorry. take your luck in your own hands - my best wishes.

tuba-coma
    This message by tuba-coma has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Trollin' Trollin' x 1
  8. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Good luck in finding her. The woman I married 32 years ago at Silliman Church is still hanging with me today. She is Dumaguete City born and raised. Educated at Foundation University. She married me when I was 40, 160 pounds, dark hair and 6 pack abs.:happy: I was 40 and she was 29, 10 years and 9 months apart. This is my third marriage with 9 years bachelor between #2 and her. I can say this; your off to a bad start. The reason I say this is because when a man is looking into those lively eyes on a fabulous young woman. His big head stops working and the little head takes over. You will still have a very good chance of finding her IF you use your big head. :banghead: When LOVE slaps you upside your head open your eyes and make sure it is your big head. :muted: Over the last 32 years we have introduced 4 couples that married and only one failed. That one that failed turned out very well because she remarried to a real MAN.:inlove:
    My two centavos and that is no :poop:.

• Like Like x 4
  9. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Keep in mind the median Philippines IQ is 86. An IQ of 130 may indicate exceptional intelligence while an IQ of 70 may indicate mental retardation. So if half the Philippines population are below the 86 bar, they are obviously close to 70.
    The problem with this narrative is that many Filipinos do not have the education system available to them compared to the wealthier Asian countries with high ranking IQ’s. Still, it is what it is so be aware.

• Like Like x 3
  10. dadof3at1ce

dadof3at1ce DI Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +111 / 11

My sister in law is available. She is 38 and looking for a guy. She has had plenty of boyfriends that are Filipino but none that want to be serious about anything. Just be aware that anyone who dates her is going to be scrutinized by me and my wife as well!

• Like Like x 3