Dumaguete Info Search

"Where to find" list [Archived]

Discussion in '☋ Where to Find ☋' started by shadow, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    For the American taste, any ham and mofos in the can?

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Sorry Pat, didn't check for anything else. I was too busy stocking up on the emergency supplies, just in case we get snowed in. :rolleyes:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    d*mn and blast:eek: read this too late, bye the time we got there, :( No Brown sauce O-| one day! I will be in the right place, at the right time:wink:

JP

4. Orange Sol

Orange Sol DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Cries for help: where do I find a dentist in Dumaguete?
    This evening, I cracked a tooth down through the root. I desperately need a skillful dentist.
    But where to go? The price does not matter as long as he is the top professional! And how are the dental standard in Dumaguete? Please help!!
    Kind Regard

5. OP
    OP
    shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Recommend Katherine Segura-Chu at the north end of Real street, before it turns into the national hiway, OR

Myrine Garupa, ground floor of the Hotel Palwa.

Tell them you were referred by Dumagueteinfo!

Larry

6. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Myrine Garupa is now in a new state of the art surgery, although it is still very close to the Palwa.
    54 Dr. V. Locsin Street, landline (035) 226-2501. Hours 9-12 a.m. 1.30-6.00 p.m. Mon-Sat.

Same side as the Palwa, about 50 metres before you turn into the side alley leading to the hotel. As good as opposite the Allied Bank and the St. Theresa Pharmacy.

7. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47

Hi Larry---thanks for the good tip on Dr Chu--went to see her and altho she did not "do" impacted wisdom teeth extractions, she did recommended Dr. Ong---who is EXCELLENT, has competent office staff, keeps appointments promptly and operates as a competent medical professional. My gf and I are VERY pleased with the quality of his service.

8. Orange Sol

Orange Sol DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dear Expats.
    Thank you for your advice, I went to see Dr. Garupa Friday and I need a ceramic dental crown. BUT: I talked to an other dane who lives in Cebu City, he said he only paid 5000 Php for his ceramic and Dr. Garupa wants 25.000 Php. Is it true that a dentist crown cost 25.000 Php? Have any of you ever had a ceramic made in Dumaguete or the Philippines and what was the price? 25.000 Php is still cheaper than Denmark, but I still think it is expensive compared to the general salaries and another thing is that the dental crown most likely is China made. Many dentists in Denmark warn against dental crowns from China due to the poor quality. What is your experience? I can get a time on Monday, but I am afraid she is cheating. Thank you again!

• Like Like x 1
  9. oztony

oztony DI Senior Member Blood Donor

Ratings:
    +211 / 39
    From my experience , I may be wrong here , but anything that needs to be made is done in Cebu , so they take a cast , send it to Cebu , it is made and then sent back to Dumaguete , if you want another opinion try the dentist at Lee Plaza , 1st level rear of store , I think, tell him Tony from Australia/Tugas sent you , his name is Antic , I have been good friends with him for over 10 years , he is my wife's cousin and a great guy, he has been doing all our dental work for over a decade , talk to him about a price and I am sure you will be able to work something out,

Tony

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. tlrtraveler

tlrtraveler DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +217 / 47
    May I suggest that you see Dr Ong, in the Ong Dental Building. Having seen Dr. Garupa, as well as Dr. Chu, I can strongly recommend Dr. Ong, not only from the perspective of his professional competence, but also from his running a dental practice very similar in efficiency to that which one would experience in the USA. His pricing is more reasonable than Dr. Garupa's and his professional services are AT LEAST the equal to hers. My gf and i will not be returning to Dr. Garupa for any dental work. BTW--for simple extractions and fillings, Dr. Chu is excellent, but she is not equipted to to oral surgery, such as impacted wisdom teeth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.