Dumaguete Info Search

Why are Filipino's bad mannered to each other?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    As the great Burl Ives exclaimed in the play, ' A cat on a hot tin roof' , "mendacity, mendacity, mendacity!" Yes, the friendliest liars and thiefs!

2. Tom87

Tom87 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as far as I noticed the Filipino people are very good manners..all the time they're saying excuse me, thank you sir, good noon sir...etc.
    So I really don't know why do u think that they are not so ggod manners..?

Anyhow if u were thinking about people who're not educated...that's like everywhere..also in London Munchen Ljubljana...NY..that's just the way it is...but if u as the one who's living on the Philippines, will try to compare Philippines with your own country I guess that you'll find a lot of ''mistakes'' ...

Hm...I guess that Filipinos are very shy people but open minded..and when they fall into friendship with someone they are not shy anymore :wink:

Enjoy=)

3. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes to us mainly (not always), but unfortunatly to another Filipino its a completly different case. Notice the headline to the thread?

I often sit and watch at the local shops its not very often someone says please or thank you.

Hey ex-pats please do your own survey and your note I am right.

4. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was visiting my cousin in provincial hospital, there was this couple(waiting many hours in the hall way) who really come from the mountain and the wife almost dying of stomach pain and this nurses passing there not even asking whats going on, then the other woman who just came new who is presentable in the looks I don’t know if she had money or not.This nurses smiling to her and ask what she want.Even in government offices or private offices my God …you can really see how rude the people there to the people who look like poor or come from the mountain.I observed that myself.

I come from a small village and I knew many people there who have only a bit of money, there is this attitude they like to mingle to those people who have a high standard of living and not to the low level .(the social climber people). That’s very common in Philippines.

Thank you and what you want Sir /Ma’am….that’s use in Philippines depend of your looks and conditions. If you look good and have money you can have that respect…but if you look poor , from the mountain you cannot get that kind of respect.

5. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    in good or bad manners, went to Greece with my fillipina gf and they are terrible towards fillipino's seldom seen so obvious racism

6. Tom87

Tom87 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    my head hurts :rolleyes:

8. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think you have hit the nail on the head, thank you for a honest opinion. I personal have great respect for those that come from the mountains they tend to have a nice honest smile good character and work hard especialy if they are farmers. My partner was born there and her wonderful family with no greed in their eyes still live there. I tend to think they are the real perls of asia real filipino's the real culture everything else has been lost to urbanisation.

Yes you have answered my question

9. brother john

brother john DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    re polite

10. brother john

brother john DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RE

Thread Status: