Dumaguete Info Search

Why are Filipino's bad mannered to each other?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hear Hear.....well said old chap ! :wink:

2. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    If i look at some of the older... I see some of the biggest fools I have erver seen in my whole life... but that might be only in Dumaguete

4. brother john

brother john DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    UK

Hi Rhoody not sure on that one , But I was meaning English youngsters in the UK I lived in North Wales for a short while my last thoughts to go to Spain were of a kid aged around 12/ 14 years spitting on a police man and saying touch me and you will be in trouble. (strange i did not see that in the PH) . Spain well try doing that here they will do what they did when i was a child pick you up by scruff and take you home to your parents.

I would sooner have my child brought up in the PH than in Europe thats for sure.

5. john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Not getting into a debate about that one Rhoody :smile: except to quote the saying....
    "There's no fool like an old fool" :D

6. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Too true and it's best not sweep things under the carpet. I have seen the good bad and the ugly, its normally the ugly that think they are 18 and the best lovers in the world, oh the spring of youth in Duma. lol

7. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you live in a city most people are not the normal british mongeral but a totally different DNA pot. I think that Dr Spot's book has also a lot to do about it and USA's presentation that manners are not macho (Movies and TV). Yes Britain has change since it went international. But I do see people being polite to each other when shopping. I fondly remember the please can I have a beer, and thanks luv. Much more manners are used than the Philippines.

8. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Yes been there worn the T-Shirt and got to agree we have to forgive them for their sins.

9. gotz

gotz DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    You really are so honest and truthful. Let me quote you.

"One day my girlfriend’s sisters children came to stay, I chance to see one of them with his feet on both sides of the toilet bowl having a number two. Evidently this is not an abnormal event as with the urinating outside against a wall or tree.

Then one night at 12 O’clock I heard a knock on the door, a group of people, family and friends wanted to have a midnight dip in the sea. It was high tide and evidently my girl friend had said they could earlier in the day. She of course did not inform me. This of course is normal and the fact after wards 8 people slept in my very small spare bedroom with no aircon. Of course I could afford to pay for the food a drink and everybody had a great time. I soon learned that my place was a free resturant and how rich people thought I was. They could call in at any time of day. Of course I wized up, put my foot down and said no, of course everybody thought I was arrogant and how dare I. lol Such bad manners. Have you notice when your new here how many people turn up a lunch time. Lol [/QUOTE]

And you say pearls of Asia? :D

10. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Make you think ah, yes clearly its interesting why in my older relationship with a girl from urbanised cebu family thought I was rich and why she ripped me off and played around with a few boyfriends. that was a stage in my life I really did not think the pearls of asia existed. Thank you for making me think about that and how my life has changed my new partner her family and my new friends point to the fact they truthfully are the pearls of asia. One can find them amoungst the pebbles, polite friendly people that work hard and are truthfully genuine and the real thing a true filipino. All others are spoilt by greed and laziness those ones that tell lies, you have met them I am sure. Oh and those that borrow money never to return it. tut tut tut.

Yes it took a long time to rid the hanger on's the ones that wanted friendship because so I would buy them a bottle or so of drink. Oh and that opens up candles of worms. But of course I will write an article about just that.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.