Dumaguete Info Search

Why are Filipino's bad mannered to each other?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by babel-fish, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomhelenscott

tomhelenscott DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wonder when you were last in the UK ? You seem to be harking back to a golden age which no longer exists (if it ever did).

Also what do you mean when you say "Yes Britain has changed since it went international".

2. OP
    OP
    babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    12 years ago and a golden age did exist however many a filipino doesnt even know we british own your country once. Won it in a war, when we where pinching gold off the spainish. lol

Enoc power and then the EU not many pure british mongerals left in our cities we even have pino encaves

3. tomhelenscott

tomhelenscott DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As you haven't even set foot in the UK for 12 years, you are hardly in a position to know anything about current British manners and politeness. Most of us who live here would probably agree that Britain is not better mannered than other countries.

Your second paragraph is rather strange but seems to blame foreigners in Britain for any decline there has been. If that is what you mean, I disagree. Immigrants have made a huge contribution to the UK not just in recent years, but for centuries. Indeed the English (Angles) originally came from what is now Germany !

Some British people look down on people of other nationalities, and think that the Brits are superior to Filipinos (and other nationalities). They are often to be found in expat communities, criticising the locals and banging on about how wonderful the UK is. If they think Britain is so wonderful, why don't they live there any more ?

4. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    What an incredibly horrible sentence.

5. merlin

merlin DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find the filipino guys very polite, however I certain have a problem with the toilets here. I work with three guys that are filipino they are just great with manners and friendship however the english sometimes can cause a bit of a problem. I have only been 2 days here in the philippines I have not noticed any problems. But I expect there are its a highly populated country and i expect you get all sorts and hey i sometimes lack manners.

6. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My boyfriend when he visited there, he complained many things... girls annoying him,chaos , dirt everywhere..etc… blah blah…
    if I really have to take it so personal maybe we have a war. But what he told me are all true, I also don’t like to explode and cry like a baby because I’m insulted, or else there’s no end of his complains and think Filipino are crazy!
    I also understand that he comes from other country where everything are so order, clean etc… and when he visited in Philippines it’s all different.I accept peacefully what he told me and I explain to him why it’s all like that..After that I never heard again that complains….As a Filipino, I have many things to complain here abroad and I also need somebody that can explain to me why the people “ behaving strange “etc…

7. merlin

merlin DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think I am getting the drift here and that is if a guy moans and complains about conditions the Filipino wrongfull thinks the complaint is against him or her personally. Its of course to do with personal pride and not to be seen as second class of which you are not.

thanks daff for sharing that information will help me keep out of trouble and negative argument with Filipino's.

8. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    i for one was under the impression that england only attempted to invade, the phillippines when cammandos, opportunists and pirates, led sporadic unsuccessful attacks during the spanish - england war or the mid 1700s(best named war ever 'war of jenkins ear')

please please educate us, as a military man, proud of his heritage and manners, could u be so kind as to share your knowledge of this polite english invasion of the philippines

darn politicians always ruin the good old days

9. Coyotes

Coyotes DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0

Do you mean (Enoch Powell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Enoch Powell?

Spanish rule on the Philippines was briefly interrupted in 1762, when British troops occupied Manila as a result of Spain's entry into the Seven Years' War. The Treaty of Paris of 1763 restored Spanish rule and in 1764 the British left the country fearing another costly war with Spain. The brief British occupation weakened Spain's grip on power and sparked rebellions and demands for independence.[19]

taken from History of the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. barramac

barramac DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks Coyotes - i did not know that one. the previous skirmishes were in the 1740s.
    i have to do more wiki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.