Dumaguete Info Search

Why Filipina?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by KAYLEIGH, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Anyway, knowing some members of DI and their lovely wifes I feel absolutely happy about your great experience and love you found AND developed on and on over many years.

BUT, these times changed dramatically... One of the reasons are Cell, TV and Internet. Young woman grow up with 24 house soaps, lies, friendster Yahoo and wowowee AND they really do believe that and take that crap for real

Internet scamming is a huge income-source of Millions of young ladies and load is more important than rice for the family...

I am traveling around and don't see much moral value, I see young ladies lying without blushing and the religion ends with it's acknowledgment in the ID and the candle after mass on Sunday.

I meet married young woman in Dumaguete asking me for my cell-number while their husband sitting on the next table with his drinking mates.

I know I generalize it but you all know also I like to stir up some sh$#.

But I guess I can speak for many men. We males are often not willing to deal with a woman who has own goals and own opinion. It is easier to deal with Filipinas who are mainly devote and happy with a roof, TV and social security, for that they do everything...

The women in the world we come from don't play that role anymore and have a own will. That is for us Alpha-creatures of course not acceptable ...

If the 60+year old retiree REALLY believes his 20 - 25 year old Asawa loves him endlessly and he is happy until the end of his days (what most likely won't take that long) that is absolutely fantastic and a win-win situation for both.

Again, I talk about the actual situation and not about long grown love from times where a handwritten letter took a month and was written with passion.

For that I am very happy to know some of the lovely couples from DI, like Jimeve, Davfitz,Jelly, Chrissar, Grandpa and others

I admire your over years grown happiness and strong love

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    "Don't be so humble, you're not that great" :D:D:D

Golda Meir,,,,,,,:wink:

3. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Excellent piece Garbonzo, thanks for posting. Somehow I've always known this but never was able to put it as eloquently as this writer did.

KAYLEIGH - I think the cat is out of the bag, so to speak. Remember if you check (Remember me) box when you sign in and did not log out he won't need your password to get in).

I don't want to sound like Dr. Phil but this is just my take on the situation.

K - You cannot keep arguing about the same thing over and over again. Judge your man not by this one incident but by the totality of his personality. Dig deep to what attracted you to him. Chances are it is the same personality that you now despise because you feel threatened.

K-Husband - What you did was wrong, drunk or not. Telling me that you did not know what you were doing because you were drunk is total BS and you know that. There is nothing wrong with having lady friends but there is something very wrong when boundary is not set and well defined. A lady friend flirting with you in front of your wife is insulting to say the least and by you not stopping it and setting the boundary is disrespectful to your wife, makes no difference how platonic you feel the relationship is. This are not the lady friends you want. You want friends that respect your wife and your status (Married Man).

Having said that I have to strongly argue that you two should sit down and talk about how each of you mean to each other and not let this incident ruin your relationship. This is water under the bridge. The mere fact that this incident bother you Kayleigh tells me that you stll care about your husband. Filipina's are not very good at expressing themselves face to face. Try writing to each other, may sound silly, but this way you will both be able to express your pain without being melodramatic or without turning the confrontation into a shouting match. Stop labelling each other or name calling i.e. not a compassionate bone in her body. Words that are spoken or written in anger cannot be taken back so each of you should choose your words carefully.

Love because you want to love not because you want to be loved in return.

Good Luck to both of you. May your travel toward the path of enlightenment bring you closer to each other.

Choose peace it's healthier.

PP

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    PP.... excellent post !!!

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    The following post is from Jellyfish who mailed me as we have somehow some problems to get his post up here on DI:

There is no special reason for me why I did 'choose' a Filipina.
    The only reason was:It was for diving and not (specially) for the ladies :smile::smile:
    I met a nice woman, had a good communication with her, saw her inside beauty and we had a lot of fun (laughing and more).

It could have been in any other country but of course

I did choose to go to the Philippines.

Afterwards I started to realise that Filipinas have a lot of specific abilities .:wink:
    Yes they are in general more slimm than the over proportioned western ladies (and guys).

They are damned good looking (the majority at least) and very careful.
    But........they are also a bit (?? :eek: more jealous in general compared to the white species.

I have found for what I was hoping for and in the country where I wanted to stay after my divorce.

But I can't tell that I was unhappy with my previous wife. She was also very careful and if it was not HER decision then we should have been still married together.
    We still have a very good contact.

But I'm very lucky to be able to tell that I still love her for what she has been, but to also thank her for her decision some years ago.

Because of that decision I could find an even better woman who is (I have to admit a bit too young for me.)
    But you can't have it all. I have to accept that she is young (Yesterday 40 !!) :D

By accident she is a Filipina :D , but I was not looking specifically for a Filipina.
    She could have been from the Fiji Islands as well :D (also warm and nice to dive there)

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Thanks Rhoody

Rhoody,

Thanks for helping me out. I hope you ewill find out why I could not send my post myself and got error messages and could even not preview my post.
    Thanks guy !

7. robertletham

robertletham DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice. will try sort it out.

Appreciate it alot..

Thanks..

8. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The rest of the gringas run
    from undistinguished to dumpster-casual: baggy jeans, oversize
    shirts -- often male shirts -- with the tails out. They seem to
    affect a sort of homeless chic, actually to want to look bad, and do
    it with more than a touch of androgyny. A high proportion are at
    least somewhat overweight.
    The default position of American women is what men refer to as "the
    chip," a veiled truculence, mixed with a not-very-veiled hostility
    toward men and a shaky sense of sexual identity. The result is a
    touchiness reminiscent of hung-over ferrets. There is a bandsaw edge
    to them, a watching for any slight so that they can show that they
    aren't going to take it. They are poised to lash out in aggressive
    defense of their manhood.

As best as I can tell, they don't like being women. There is the
    entire problem in five words.

Note that the espousal of hostile obnoxiousness as a guiding
    philosophy appears to be an almost uniquely American horror. It
    certainly isn't requisite to independence of self-respect. I
    recently met a quite attractive blonde who, among other things, was
    smart, a long-haul motorcyclist, a student of the martial arts out
    of sheer athletic enjoyment of it, and an excellent marksman. She
    was also heterosexual, feminine, delightful company, and had no
    trace of "the chip." I was astonished. How was this possible, I
    wondered?

She was Canadian.[/QUOTE]

Garbonzo, thanks for the laughs man. You are spot on and stated with a flare that I like.

Kahleigh, Dr. Phil I aint but either forgive the guy or divorce him unless you like making your and his life miserable. If you forgive him don't ever bring it up again. :smile: Life is what YOU make of it, make the best of it.

9. AntiX

AntiX DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think there is something to be said for the "exotic" appearance of Asian women from the perspective of the Western male. I will confess to that as well.
    However, I've found Asian-American women to be worse behaved than Caucasian-American women. The only conclusion I can come to is that the culture in the States breeds this type of behavior. Most American women are self-indulged and spoiled. They can't imagine doing without any modern conveniences and place a high priority on possessions and status. Come to think of it, American men are much the same. It doesn't matter where they came from originally, they eventually evolve into this repulsive behavior. Some first generation Asian women resist the cultural evolution but their children conform almost upon birth.
    My wife on the other hand, is self-confident, assertive but respectful, intelligent, loyal and places much more value on people than things. She's lived in the U.S. for nearly 20 years now and while she has conformed to the rapid pace she has resisted the rest.
    Now to a slightly different perspective.
    I didn't pay much mind to American-Asian couples until I married a Filipina. I then began to notice a certain type of Westerner. The kind that has a horrible track record attracting women in general. This guy is the consummate loser, however, he manages to find a naive Asian woman who commits to him, then begins the cycle of abuse. Usually mental, occasionally physical.
    His ego is finally stroked and he walks around like the "cock of the block" with his beautiful Asian bride. He treats her like a possession, like she's stupid and should wait on him like a servant. I've seen this in white men from various countries, including Canada. When I come across these types I find their behavior simultaneously embarrassing and enraging.

10. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I think JellyFish got this one right. The reason men in the Philippines are with Filipina's...

Drumroll...

Because we live here and Filipino's make up a significant portion of the local population.

It's not like we are going to be hooking up with Saudi women here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.