Dumaguete Info Search

Why Filipina?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by KAYLEIGH, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    @ Kayleigh, thanks alot. But what he did to you was beyond my belief... If it happened to me, it will be a different story. Hope you're keeping well.
    @ Rhoody, I was so humbled to see us in that way... Chris is extending his regards & will definitely have a cold one with you again next year perhaps????? Again, thanks a lot Rhoody.
    @ Union Jack, yes, we got hitched in the Philippines, Dipolog City and luckily my VISA was approved straight away that I flew to the UK with him in his return flight. That's what I called FATE. We both loved Dumsville and will make it our retirement place. If only not of this recession, we've already built our dream house in Sibulan. It's just a matter of financial recovery and dingdong!!!!! Hello Dumsville & goodbye England.

2. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    We also like Dumaguete and got a small house there already.
    The dilemma we got is where to retire when we got older......Philippines or Italy?
    One of the main obstacles is the lack of NHS in the Phils and we both dread finding ourselves at an advanced age having run out of savings following a health issue....that's why I keep pestering the forum members to get as much info about this particular subject. Anyway, retirement is still a long way down the road and things might change, hopefully for the better.
    One thing is for sure.......we'll do our best not to get stuck here in the UK, where living cost is too high and respect for the elderly is almost not existent, at least here in the capital.....

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I know this is way off topic but I have to say this....sorry. This is also our big concern, the health issue as my hubby is taking a cocktail of meds for his hypertension. As we searched all Health Insurance in PI, paying premium rate is too ridiculous. So, we decided not to have one but rather set a pot for this reason alone, just my opinion...:wink:

4. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Very well said ,Mr.Pandaypera..I totally agree to what you had said! Two thumbs up for you!!:smile::smile:

5. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DUDE,you may be buckin' the trend.. but i think you got the hottest one!!:D:D She maybe a little crazy when she has too much to drink but she loves you so muchhhh!!!!As the saying goes-"AGE DOESN'T MATTER"!!:wink:

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    So when's the big day.:cool:

7. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Kayleigh, I hope that before giving up on your marriage that you will explore and take ownership of your own responsibility in this problem. In general, men don't wander or fool around if they are getting the love and attention that is due them at home. Love is like a plant, you have to nurture and feed it otherwise it dies. Sometimes we presume that because we are with somebody day in and day out this is enough to show our commitment to that person and to the relationship. Unfortunately, this is not so. Many unspoke words had to be spoken, love has to be professed constantly and "ego" on both side have to be respected and stroked once in a while.

Today my beautiful wife and I celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. For 26 years we have been going out on a date on the 10th day of every month. Does not have to be an elaborate dinner, could just be a movie, a visit to the neighborhoor ice cream parlor for desert, bicycling early in the morning then cap it with a breakfast on the way back, walk in the park, canoeing at the local river which we both love to do and yes once in a while a nice dinner and of course tonight will be a special dinner and maybe a special desert too :smile: . We do this regardless on how we feel about each other on any of those particular days, regardless if we just had an argument hours or minutes before we go. We made a commitment to each other that we will not let our emotions or anything that happened previously, break this date. This is our day and we will do it regardless. So far we have not missed a single one of these dates and everytime we go home happy and loving each other even more.

I love to see my wife smilling especially when I know that I am responsible for that smile...

Best wishes to all of you and your loved ones.

8. weena

weena DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [q uOTE=jimeve;40834]So when's the big day.:cool:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry..you'll be the first one to know!!!:wink:

9. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Off thread I know but....HAPPY 26TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY PANDAY have a great night and many happy returns to you both......JB

10. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Thanks you very much JB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.