Dumaguete Info Search

Why Filipina?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by KAYLEIGH, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    ... maybe that's one of the reasons why the Dane and I get along well... that religon - thingy is just nothing for me. without starting a discussion about, I just don't believe what is written in 1500 year old books about a story 2000 plus years...

Why? here an example:

I tell my neighbor a fantastic and short story right now. If I will hear the same story tomorrow at the boulevard it is even more fantastic and colorful...

Well, thinking about that... what did happen in 300-500 years (the timeperiod the new testament was written) after a human called Jesus died... of course deaf-people can see and blind men can walk.

And the Philippines is full of Mother Marys... or what else is the reason why Millions of soooo religious young woman got pregnant in this country each year and are still single... maybe they just felt asleep during the religion classes at school and the sunday mass....

I believe in being a good boy most of the times, but that has nothing to do with any religion. Religion is for me simply pushing away own responsibility to something nobody can proof instead of taking the future in your own hands...

Well but that's me... I guess I analyze things too much and just don't believe everything people tell me...

Oooops gotta go now to light a candle in advanced to be safe on my dive-trip to Apo Island tomorrow...

sorry for getting Off-Topic... now back to the original topic

Getting married ?? No way .... I don't need a signature on a paper if I love somebody. I can take care of my Rechel and the Little-One with all my strength, love and power without a contract...

2. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    "Religion has nothing to do with God" .. from the book "A History of God" written by a nun Karen Armstrong. This is a good read I highly suggest you take your time reading it.

One does not have to be religious or "God Fearing" to be a good person. I have many atheist friends who would put a lot of believers to shame. We never let our belief or non-belief in God get in the way of our belief in doing what is right for ourselves and others. We learned a lot by watching what the three monotheistic religions did over the years, i.e. Judaism, Islam and Christianity. They believe in the same God, call is by different name and destroyed many lives and cultures in defense of that Religion, not GOD. If everybody lives by the code of common decency and respect, we'll have less problem in this world. IMHO

No, one does not need a piece of paper to have a good marriage, a commitment between two people to share a life together. A nice wedding is, however, a good excuse to dress up, get your friends together and get drunk. Any excuse for a good party is good enough excuse for me.

Anyway, if you really think about it, the number one cause of divorce is...MARRIAGE.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I absolutely agree with your views PP, additionally this religion-thingy caused and still cause more wars, death and pain than any dictator did...

AND whenever I run out of reasons for seeing my mates, having a party and get drunk I will consider getting married .. :-)

4. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    That will be the day!!
    When Rhoody runs out of reasons, to get drunk.
    I hope I live long enough to see that day.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Psalm 14 (New International Version)

Psalm 14

1 The fool says in his heart,
    "There is no God."
    They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
    there is no one who does good.

The evidence of a God is all around us. It takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does God.

6. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    What is it that makes the Fillipina so committed?

Well stated Dumaguetania. It really does seem that marriage or partnership maybe tends to be extrememly shallow in western society now days. I am sure I am going to hear about this but here goes.

Yes its easy to say that you are commited and trustworthy and do not need marriage or contract and heck no religion too, why not it is even part of a pop song. I know it was the case with me why I chose my Filippina partner, because of the very religous doctrination that she and most others receive and then believe in. Their belief is so strong that a commitment in the church or to the lord is a lifetime commitment. Many on this forum have already admitted that they value the honesty and commitment of their Filippina partners and then sometimes make a negative statement or disbelief in the sanctity of marriage. When I hear that I have to think how ironic, because their partner or spouse would not be that devoted if it were not the combination of tradition and religious training. Some just want to do all of the taking but again that may only be my opinion but is sure seems that way or stated another way, how lucky they are.

I guess if I were looking for just a christian girl, one from Spain, South America or parts of Europe would have been acceptable. But it was a combination of the qualities mentioned above with a sense of frugality, responsibility to family, and complete honesty that drew me to my mahal. And at least I see that I am not alone in this decision.

:smile:

7. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I agree Pedro...funny part is that there's a large element who believe that somehow bringing a Filipina to the western world will pollute them and everything in their lives will go pear-shaped. LOL....if you have both chosen wisely....you will find that your lovely Filipina wife will stay lovely - and work very hard to make your marriage as prosperous and happy as possible. Even in 'enemy territory'. Yes, I know some that haven't worked out...but they were doomed from the start and would have been if they stayed in the Philippines....too much drink, too much racism, distrust, etc....But most I see around me are very happy and doing great! Says a lot for Filipinas and the guys smart enough to give them a go....

8. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice pictures:smile: thank u so much for sharing Chrissar.:smile:

9. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    In order of asking, here are my answers:-

1) Not really sure I do......(perhaps I'm just overly fond of the ever-present insecurity, petty jealousy, false pride, mental instability, a distinct lack of self deprecating humour and the inability to cook anything whatsoever, that could be considered as edible).
    2) Been asking that question of myself for the last 20+ years of marriage......
    3) Relatives........

(PS if the wife reads this, it'll be my last post on earth........:D)

10. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    You will surely be in great trouble if she reads this.... and how could you describe your wife in all negative aspects? :cool::confused::cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.