Dumaguete Info Search

Why Long Noses? (westerners)

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by john boy, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

And does she has the SAME good reason.s
    And do you have a good mirror, and dont that make you think ?

Greeting J.Diver

2. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hi Diver,
    We started writing (yes writing) to each other way back, the same reasons?
    We where both looking for someone with the same Christian views !
    We are not Late 50's meets 25 yrs old looking for sugar Daddy Ok.
    As for looking in the mirror, I'll let you be the judge of that...try Photo Thread..
    (Just looked it up)go to page 7 Title Seasonal greeting' from around the World.
    I think I look pretty Good for 60+.....:D hehehe
    Have a good day :wink:

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    John boy you look great for 60 something,also your wife, but the date says 2040.:p

4. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    I know Jim it's back to the future :D:D:D

5. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry I dont look at pictures of old man.
    Because I have my own mirror, and I am also over sixty.:D

Greetings J.Diver

6. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Though i'm not a longnose and therefore may not be qualified to give my opinion I will do so, nonetheless. I've dated a number of western women prior to getting married but my nose always takes me back to my native Filipinas.

Now, I'm not being facetious nor do I mean to gross out anybody or offend the female longnoses in this forum, but the reason I said my nose takes me back to may native Filipinas, is because of their impeccable personal hygiene.

They really know how to take care of themselves and I bet many of you, especially the Filipinas in this forum will agree with me. I know this is not a common subject in a public discussion but I tell you, in private discussions or with my friends dating westerners, this is a common subject. How to tell their female partners to clean up without offending them is a big problem. Again, my apology to those whom this post might offend.

Oh, shucks..sorry JB just realized I should have posted this on the "Why Filipina" thread.

7. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    can only agree with you

I, being a longnose, do fully agree with you PP on that aspect.
    I haven't met many Filipino's/ Filipina's who are not taking very much effort to keep their entire body clean.
    E.g.: My Filipina has to tell me nearly every week to change more often my clothes because they are smelling. Even when I'm not smelling it at all.
    But that point has been taken very well.

8. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

John boy - sorry if my reply was too serious :D
    Just my observation of why a majority of filipinas choose "long nose"
    but of course not all are like that. Also it is not just the "long nose" but all other foreigners i.e. japanese, Koreans, Saudis, American Blacks, filipino-american, filipino-european, are stereotype as being well to do :greedy:$...

9. gabrieleda

gabrieleda DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    interesting

I'm quite amuse by the comment of panday pera and the confirmation of jellyfish. first time I read it I felt little funny just about the thought of it, but at the same time I would understand completely the unconfort and would say it's a good reason to look elsewhere.
    I'm not very experienced in the international field so I cannot talk for other westeners, but I'd say almost totality of italian women might be complained for spending too much time taking care of themself but hardly for missing personal igene.
    I'm wondering: as a percentage of the long nose men ending up to look for an "exotic" gf/wife (not all of course) are people that might have difficulty to get a woman in their country and might be not the top level in beauty or self care... could it be the same for a part of the westeners women dating philipino?

For the comment of jellyfish I found it interesting as a confirmation although i would say most women I know, italian and not, expecially if they take care of the house, are normally more sensitive to the topic than the men (expecially if the men come home after a night in the pub drinking and smoking with friends they tend to lose perception of a smooky-sweaty t-shirt :D )

Last point is about the possibility to take care of the personal igene in a enviroment different from the one you are used. It might seems secondary but infact it can be uneasy or unconfortable for people expecially if not used to travel to country with quite diffrent enviroment.
    Stupid example in many places in SE asia I endend up to have to take a shower much more often (and i mean even 5-6 times in day or more in some cases) that I do in italy simply cos there is no other way to clean specific part of the body while in italy i can conveniently do it with the bidet that is standard forniture of a house or any hotel room. People might feel unconfort of toilets with wet floor as in some traditions or with shower to use stepping on the floor next to the toilet bowl this things might make it more difficult to people to have the same personal igene they have in their own enviroment...

OR... maybe they are simply just really unclean :D

I wrote just to get other points of view and cos the topic turned on my curiosity so I hope I didn't say something inconveniet to others, in case I apology. :smile:

10. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Hahaha Panday does it again.
    It's so true of Filipina's. Yes when I first met my wife, she gave me the once over and started sniffing my arm pits! I thought it was a local custom so I did the same! (only joking)
    But yes she commented about my hygiene and I was offended because I take care to wash everywhere and shower in the UK sometimes twice a day.
    But in defence of westerners, I believe what you eat affects the body odours you give off. especially curry and spices. hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.