Dumaguete Info Search

Why Long Noses? (westerners)

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by john boy, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    No offence taken Maxi turning into a good topic....:smile:
    best wishes john

2. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Sorry JB, you know I'm stupid but you know what i'm talking about right?

Anyway, Gabrielada, what an insightful comment, good for you. Your comment about quality may be true to some extent especially not in my experience. I've dated several professional women and there were no difference, but unfortunately none of them were Italian. I guess I lucked out on that one. Don't worry about the bidet problem, when you get to the Phil, you will be introduced to the Philippine version of the Bidet, the mighty "TABO". I know all the expats here with Filipina wives know what i'm talking about.

Jelly..they do have sharp noses, they may be flat but very sharp noses...:D:D

3. gabrieleda

gabrieleda DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I have to admit I've heard comments in the past about people from one or another country to be generally less caring in personal hygiene so I'd not be surprised if you really are right on your remark, actually no reason at all to doubt it, it is just curiosity. Honestly I don't have much of experience with european women to state any comment on that :smile:

A quick look to get info on the "mighty tabo" and i found out it is something quite common all through asia so I'll not get in trouble when I'm there :D

But it is a good example of something can make people unaware of the culture and instruments to have difficulties in taking care of themselves far from home. Of course is not difficult to learn and understand so I would say apart from the casual traveller if the problem "persist" than it is more in the nature of the person :wink:

but enough on the argument I guess would be interesting to hear direct comment from the pinay.

Although I would generally say that apart some specific cases with "secondary" interest (probably not to explain in public), most would just say they follow their heart as love is blind and not caring of color and races :smile:

4. belle

belle DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah, pinays. We have issues here. I'm a pinay myself working abroad for about six years now. When I come homoe to Dumaguete, I always gap to see how handsome our pinoy boys have become. The girls have gotten very pretty as well. The only problem is: Most filipinas nowadays prefer "sharp noses", again because of financial reasons. Somehow, the "financial reason" turned into intimate later on. But, sadly this is not always the case! Our land is economically poor. Filipinos who knows how to survive are the ones who are left to really appreciate us. Modern chikitas, not all, because I'm a modern chikita myself, do not want to be bothered by poverty. They want the easy way. Marry a westerner. He's full. Too bad for our little boys, they do not always get the pretty filipinas. Again, not all. There are filipinas who are devoted to their country, some still marrried a foreigner, most married to co-locals, and love their culture to their last breath!

greetings,

belle

5. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Nicely put Belle
    From my experience of OSW in the UK, home is where the heart is and their hearts are in the Philippines.
    However with the second generation now growing up here in UK, in time to come their parents face the problem of choosing Philippines or UK for retirement.
    This must be even harder when married to a Westerner.
    I believe most of the young kids growing up here will not want to change their way of life in their teens.

6. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Most filipinos think that white skin is prettier than brown skin of course most white skinned people think that brown skin people are prettier than white skin. hehe:smile: My wife was shocked when she got to the states to see tanning beds advertised. She could not believe that people actually wanted to be darker and have as beautiful skin as hers, or course she doesn't think her skin is pretty at all.

This is a great thread. My asawa is always smelling me it is funny to me. Historically in colder climates washing ones self was not a good idea as most of those bodily functions were done in an outhouse or other very cold place, hence wiping was invented. hahaha :smile: Grandpainak will get a kick out of this. That part of the culture remains until this day in most cold climates. Therefore kano men and women will sometimes have an offensive odor to the very clean filipinos.

:D:D:D

7. liegh14

liegh14 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is a very interesting topic. Since I am a filipina married to a long nose, I would like to share my two-cents on this forum. My husband and I have been married for almost 31 years. Yes, one of the reason I married my husband because of financial reason as well as "love." I have to make an emphasis on love because without it, I don't think our marriage will last this long. Although, at the time we got married, he was only in the US Airforce for only a couple of years and has a rank of "Senior Airman," his take home pay plus the military benefits were much more than a professional Filipino. However, once we came to the US, I went to school, got my degree and has been working as a professional for the last 20 years. My husband got out of the military after 11years of service and has been working as a truck driver part time. He doesn't have to worry about our finances and retirement since I have been building our retirement funds through my 401K at work for both of us. I am 55 years old and my husband is 59. He has been very supportive with my familiy. He loves the Philippines as well as my familiy. He love it so so much that he is the one who's insisting we retire in the Philippines. We are looking forward in going back to the Philippines for our retirement in less than 3 years.

8. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello Liegh

It was good to read your comment on this forum.
    And yes you must put someting from yourself (what you did) to have for yourself and your husband a good and happy live.
    A great storry how you turned your live in the right way

Greetings
    J.Diver

9. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Likewise, thanks for sharing your story:wink:

10. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    10 reasons I dont wash!

1, I was made to wash as a child
    2, People who wash are hypocrites-they think they are cleaner than other people.
    3, There are so many different kinds of soap,I could never decide which one was right.
    4, I used to wash, but it got boring so I stopped
    5, I still wash on special occasions like Christmas and Easter.
    6, None of my friends wash
    7, I'm still young,When I'm older and have got a bit dirtier I might start washing
    8, I really don't have the time
    9,The bathroom's never warm enough
    10, People who make soap are only after your money.

We can always find excuses even for not going to Church....hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.