Dumaguete Info Search

Why move to Dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Bandit, Jul 27, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Huh? Wha? Fascist? Explain.

Sure. You can never be totally free. When people from other countries are disorderly (him too) then you need to be able to send them back to where they came from.

2. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Easy, I have heard many a american state that the US is become a Fascist nation, I have debated with many american on news community groups. Also heard many a moan from US expats in Cebu its amazing how often that Fascist opinion arises in conversation and of course that much uglier word nazism of which america is definatly not a guilty party to.

By the way fascism does not mean wanting to kill Jew's it does mean a form of nationalism with dictatorship of course also has a wider term of reference. the term is being used in the election campaign in the USA by many of those against the present administration.

However I would not totally agree. Big brother yes is on the increase. Capitalistic entities running government has become more apparant, my view is its corruptism thats the true problem.

There are Americans here that do not want to live in USA due to its politics.

3. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    There is nothing for me to dispute here. You are making general claims with no supporting arguments. However, perhaps the issues are too large to debate in this thread.

Maybe you need to join other forum conversations. If you converse with crackpots, then you get crackpot opinions. At least in the U.S. you have the freedoms to make these sorts of criticisms against the government without fear of censorship or persecution. Your opinions won't get caught up in the "great firewall of the U.S."

4. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    There is nothing for me to dispute here. You are making general claims with no supporting arguments. However, perhaps the issues are too large to debate in this thread.

I debate in great length on many communities about world politics. I can assure you the opinion came from Americans and is very apparent on Newvine.com and Nowpublic.com just to name two citizen jounalist sites.

Read more at: scream-9-11-global-picture

and new-world-order

I do a lot more writing than commenting, politics and analysing opinion is one of my hobbies. I am no crack pot myself but I agree there are crackpots out there most don't know that they are. I really like the truth you know the anti-bullshit thing.

5. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Crackpot is not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you have solid arguments. I think of crackpot as being extreme in an issue. I respect any well formed argument though, regardless of my own views.

6. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Being fair if you read my Worlds New Order article it could come from a crackpot, lol

It was wrote in fun just to see if anybody would thing one of my avenue of thoughts was thought to be crazy. I have fun writing and some of the things I say are to make people think and the article we are commenting in the author has obvously done the same and is sitting back laughing.

However the facts are that Duma is not a bad place to be and living in the Philipinnes is not everybodies cup of tea. It takes very special people to grit their teeth and stand the noise and poverty its not just the girls, we could take them home or elsewhere.

What keeps most decent ex-pats here is its economical, the sun the sea and cold beer its an adventure, its also interesting, no big brother, the rest of us are daft, lol

enjoy....

7. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Gentlemen is there a round 2?

What an outstanding debate going on here. I find this extremely humorous. Seems like a battle of the titans. I really like you to gentlemen you are bring a smile to my face and brighten an otherwise dull life I have here in Taiwan. Thank you so much. I am becoming a big fan…!!!

8. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    There are English people here that do not want to live in England. There are Dutch people here that do not want to live in the Netherlands. There are German people here that do not want to live in Germany...........
    Shall I go on ??
    What kind of poor arguments are these to support your statements ?
    And you are political writer, analist, a.s.o. ??
    You seem to be pretty proud of yourself when I read all your comments.
    A bit less overrating ......please !! :D :D

9. babel-fish

babel-fish DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes that answer your question so why ask? people are here for difering reasoin but Big brother is on the high list or law and restrictions

10. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Don't you just wish

Don't you just wish there was a world govermant for the citizens of the world. Left our countries we are all in the same boat. We can only survive with the help of each other. No man is an Island and a house divided can not stand. I really wish there was something expats could do so that in some way that we could protected eachother in someway. I know how this sounds but it would be very cool.:cool: