Dumaguete Info Search

Why Not Disco - Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Jung, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Butting in...butting in!!

caught my attention cause the topic was about WHY NOT DISCO, and can't help but noticed that the topic was only being discussed between mostly or all foreigner male DI members as well:confused: . and i got a lot of things to offer too...
    correct me if i'm wrong, but i assumed that most of you are married to a pinay...but in your woes, i couldn't feel any respects in ur filipina wives...firstly, is there a Gender/Racial discrimination in here? the way you talk about where someone spear headed his wife (mainly manly talk, i'm sure):cool: ; how much money she gets from you?; ugh!! asian girls like a puppy following for her old man:( ? hey guys, where are your self esteems???do u really think your wives are like that:eek: ? Then why did u marry them in the first place? Because u think you got a few dollars that turn into gold for asian girls when changed into pesos that u think u cld boss ur wife around:mad: ? I hope not:p !!

secondly, I was a frequent Why Not Disco goer during my teens and i assure u that WHY NOT before was the best disco in town, not until recently that i found out myself that it doesnt have the reputation anymore because of the working night girls...couldn't blame them though. We knew that any disco attracts job oppurtunity by night for some... but well honestly speaking, during our younger years, our group were easily attracted to "white men". Who could blame us to think that westeners are more handsome than filipino guys? They're/You're much bigger, taller, more good looking, i think, than our local guys next door. (Oh, poor filipino brothers!!) Hollywood is always in our movie screen? Expensive imported goods that we seldom tastes wld be someday in our daily table if my husband wld ever be a foreigner. And yes, the thought of seeing the world aside from the Philippines is awesome...if some "white man" would only be attracted to me, then why not? WHY NOT?!! Are we then so naive to fall for a white guy/foreigner? Or too ignorant then to presume that we will be courted because of our beauty, and loving care?:eek:

thirdly:I have 2 friends married to a japanese, a friend married to a swiss, one married to a german, two married to an american, my widowed sister also to an american expat...myself to a japanese!! What do we have in common? Duma beauty? !! ha-ha-ha!! We all have been a WHY NOT fan;tsk! tsk!tsk! but we don't work or meet for that matter, any of our husbands there and we ddnt marry these guys for money, i'm sure!! they were reaaly are nice, romantic persons and good lookings (2 even accept to be called Sean Connery..?:D )
    ...coincidences...yes!! en as in chinese!!then why not?.

Luckily, all our husbands seems to know that when u marry a filipina u marry the family as well...and luckily enough, that even if we never asked money(because of pride?..yes, we asian women have prides too to protect) for family help(family all over the world always needs help, it's just that we filipinos are so closed knit family___we answers to calls!! yeah like the italians!!) they already have the heart to spare a few dollars to share..AND that's where we love our husbands the most!! for being so THOUGHTFUL. not because of the MONEY...got it?

Lastly, marrying much older than we are was because we were brought up that way, that younger ones were only there for fun; that older men are more responsible than younger ones; more loving and much much more caring.....we had provin it in our husbands..(oh how i want ot kiss my sweetheart right now for just the thought:D) .we do really thought that foreigners are more romantic and showy of their feelings when it comes to their wives than their counterpart filipino. That's our own opinion!! We who were married to foreigners and I'm talking in behalf of my friends....

so please... keep your heads up high... wherever/however/whatever the reason u found your wives, please take another look at them and think again...they're not what u think they are. it just so happened that they're pinays w/ a lower currency rate than your own...but it doesn't give any person a right to degrade them by talking things like discussed!! that's where the reality is Daffs:rolleyes:

thank u!!!

mabuhay dumaguete!!..whew, that was long....i cldn't even bother myself writing that long in my own blog:rolleyes: !!

2. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good luck!! :wink:

3. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    coudln't say less!! wow, i think i'm enjoying DI every second!!

4. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanx for the long explanation
    defending our co-filipina.
    Sorry, I'm a filipina also and I'm only talking the truth what I observed to the many filipina that I knew.
    If you observed different from your own circle then I respect your statement.
    Im not married but I'm together long time with my boyfriend.I have my own work that I'm not totally dependent on him financially.

5. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Case closed!! :D
    Goodluck Daffs on your relationship w/ your boyfriend. I'm sure he's lucky to have you and for having him as well...for the filipinas in your circle, they are just part of the reality, not the reality itself...tama kaya?:D more power!!

6. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    So did I say it right or is it bad?
    By the way nice post, the forum needs that from time to time. I agree with most of your viewpoint, well said, except the part where you like white foreigners because they are more handsome than Filipinos. Its kind of self discriminatory. It speaks to the same dynamic as the white male foreigners who like small asian women with dark skin, don't you agree?
    We are the same. Racial bias and and sexist attitudes are common among both foreigners and local Filipinos.

And the big blue & green text....:eek: sorry, it hurts my old foreigner eyes.:wink:

7. mrsteve38

mrsteve38 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I like small Asian women with dark skin....

8. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks!! at least someone has understood my point. as for "white-foreigner-blah-blah-blah" thing, i was just kind of talking about teenage infatuation about hollywood actors that i jst cldn't shake off from my definiton of ideal man. plus if i cld remember, the 1st foreigner i met, was a white young handsome mormon knocking at our doorstep when i was little. while everyone was scared or shy to face him, my pop said that i was so bold to introduce my name, as shy as I am my self..uhurm! :rolleyes: and i don't actually call it self discrimatory, it's something like, "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" as the saying goes!!:p
    sorry for the blue and green texts, i just love to add color to everything i do...and as per request, i decided to go back to black, but expect to get a few colors from me from time to time:D
    and of course your last conclusion that i qouted earlier was a big thumbs up...that's why, i said i got nothing to say!! more power!!

9. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    A quote from Mommyseksi:
    .......the way you talk about where someone spear headed his wife (mainly manly talk, i'm sure)........

Mommy.. I did put that phrase because the guy is a spearfish diver. See his own profile.
    I'm sure he understood my comment with a :smile: but I see now that others could have read that complety different as it was meant.
    Be convinced....this guy (me) is absolutely not trying to give it that meaning what also COULD be read. Honest excuses.
    To clarify further...I'm a diver and don't spearfish but don't attack people who do so, although I hope they take a camera i.s.o. a spear next time.
    I only made a joke to the respective person.

10. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    well said mommy seksi...welcome to DI:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.