Dumaguete Info Search

Why Not Manager!!

Discussion in '☋ Dining - Nightlife - Entertainment ☋' started by Tom87, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Kojak; everyone has 24 hours to fill up of each day. Your friend would probably rather be thrown out than walk away. The end is the same. I've enjoyed some free dinner theatre in my time; which is how I look at it. People are so interesting. I look forward to meeting so many of you when I finally get there. Robert K

2. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    I have a general rule I try to live by...."Never do or say anything negative unless there is a good chance there will be a positive result"..... It does no good to scream at the wind if the wind does not listen

I am sure my friend enjoys his tirades but they are wasted......and even possibly counter productive.....they re-enforce the false perception that ALL foreigners are rude and crude barbarians....

3. shaboo

shaboo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's very true (it is the best steak) and funny at the same time as I did once have a steak there almost a year ago. Turns out my food was not delivered until 30 minutes past all the others eating at my table. I told the server to take it back and Gunter happened to be there and offered his apologies and a steak (on the house) I accepted but alas I will still never eat there until they get their service act together ot the kitchen figures out how to cook food in the right order.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Why Not exists now around 25 years i guess. Since they started many have come and many have gone.
    Did i see it right that Zanzibar is closed?

5. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Not sure....but I believe "Why Not" was the "Music Box".....and has not always been under the same management.... change in management usually indicates a "problem".....
    Why Not's gimmick is providing a little bit of "home" to European Expats.....

Not saying they will collapse anytime soon...... or ever..... just saying it would last longer and be more profitable with a more customer friendly approach

It is sort of like a particular local bank.... VERY popular when I first came here.... slowly losing customers by a few bad decisions..... the head teller calls the wives of foreigners in a disrespectful manner..... the manager ignored the wishes of a depositor and is being taken to court..... nothing illegal as yet.....but as things deteriorate the manager is hanging by a thread.... Yesterday my best friend said he was moving all his funds to another bank because they "serve the customer better"....

These things eventually catch up with you..... I am sure Marcus can do quite well without my business.... but how many of us can he abuse before his chickens come home to roost.... before it is reflected in the bottom line
    One friend only stays a customer because he must (can not give details).....but he personally would like to not go there.... and his purchases are impacted by his dissatisfaction....he takes his friends to other establishments....

Marcus maybe a very nice person...... we just have a different definition of customer service

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    It is still WhyNot-Musicbox. Tess and Marcus are a team and she runs the WhyNot floor-management since almost the beginning, there was no change in management since at least 14 years.

7. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Casablanca..... I like Gunther....he has customer service down to an art form.....old fashion European hospitality..... but sometimes the food can be less than stellar depending on the cook.... if Gunther is cooking it is usually great..... any problems are usually his staff.... they do not always maintain his high standards.... Offered to send my wife and sister-in-law to his cooking school.....but they both balked because of the tuition....I still may convince them..... obvious from my girth I like to eat.....

8. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Music Box.....Why Not.....You know better than I...... I have only been here 6 years..... and Marcus and I crossed swords the first month I was here.....and he won.... and his business has not folded so he must do something right....

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Well, people can like them or not. I agree totally with you that he does something right, no matter what "we" complain and suggest. Restaurant, Disco and Resort are running fine and with his combination at the boulevard he has simply no competition whatsoever in Dumaguete.

Another earlier post of another member made me smile as it is pretty ridiculous ... If I never eat anywhere again where I had bad service the last year in Dumaguete, I would probably don't dine even at home anymore ...

maybe a good idea to start a weight-loss diet with that rule, I am much to fat anyway.

10. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    You wrote..... " he has simply no competition whatsoever in Dumaguete."

YET......

When I came here Dunkin' Donuts was the gathering place.... now hardly anyone goes there
    .... if someone comes to the boulevard and gives better.....he might not survive

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.