Dumaguete Info Search

Why ???

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ok rhoody thanx of giving us a way of the right thread.

No need to be "MARRIED " ( because as what she said I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING BECAUSE I'M NOT MARRIED) just to understand this kind of situation, a simple mind can understand it :D.....and also I'm sure its not a "FILIPINA MENTALITY " is my comments.

2. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Interesting thread. I think it is embarrassing for middle aged men to be chasing girls in their teens and 20's although I can certainly understand the attraction and boost to their ego.

I married a dumaguetania (is that the correct word to describe a woman from duma?) 4 years younger than me in 1986 after 2 years of practicing and we are still together very happily married. The physical attraction is one element but it seems to me the happiest couples become soul mates. Over the years my missus has also become my best friend.

But i'm still a man and when I walk around the SM in Cebu or around Silliman Uni my eyes are checking out the cute ladies big time. Often this is with my 17 year old son who calls me a dirty old man. In the words of my son "what's the use of a gorgeous looking girl if you can't talk to her". Go figure.

3. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for closing that thread, rhoody.:D ..
    And a job well done for starting this very interesting thread. the just place to continue the dicussion going on there.

and just a suggestion: what about starting a Rant and Rave Section too?

an idea that just pops up into my head while reading from the threads I’ve subscribed… and of course from this threads just for yes,for some real smarties who can not read !:D

of course we all knew that a forum is a medium for an open discussion or where u cld express your ideas…your own opinion…or even your strong principles…and I think it’s healthy for everyone to voice out each own opinion. But in due process, sometimes there are statements or phrases that can’t be avoided that’ll make those some real smarties who can not read to heat up in any reason or just no reason at all and starts making statements that further muddles the original topic…(am I saying this right?)…
    So to avoid this, what about just copy and paste in the RANT AND RAVE section the one we want to quote and just make our ranting and raving from there w/ of course the DI member’s name on the title just to catch his/her attention :smile: ? then from there we cld continue our bomb-blasting …a free ranting page!! then there’s no worry being out of the topic…and then the original topic cld go on!! So how’s that? …well, that is if the administrator wld approve of this...what's u'r say? cld be fun:D !!

4. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I understand the temptation to open up a section like that but in my experience and opinion, those types of forums usually get very ugly, very fast and never lead to anything constructive. For those of us that can't seem to keep our opinions to ourselves there are always blogs.

5. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi there timn8ter! thanks for cooling me off my track...i've read your brief story and share your contentment. I just hope people who easily ridicule others wld just have a moment to reflect first...there are a lot of healthy relationships to tell than bad ones...but i just cldn't understand why some choose to entertain their thoughts on the latter...:smile:

best wishes

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    I have the same opinion as Timn8ter.
    Best way to me is ignoring the person after one or two reactions to him/her with zero result. We have seen it even some times on this forum.
    People normally stop after a while when they don't have the 'thrill' of being quoted.
    :wink:

7. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    good advice. thanks! i've learned another way of dealing.:D next time, i'll keep it in mind and will just bite my tounge or let's say, take a grip:p :D
    g'night jellyfish.

8. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Ok my turn....Roody I will not burst your bubble..so here is my story

I married my Wife as I am a randy old b@st@rd...and she married me to get her hands on all my money....after I found out she did not "go" as much as I thought..and she found out I have no money...hows that Rood? OK for Ya?

9. southerndon

southerndon DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Guys if you feel I got out of line I apologize...I had to reply like I did and meant what I said to mr power. but he's not worth getting booted from here.

Southerndon

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    It is like a spagetti western here on DI:
    You have "The good, the bad, and the ugly"

The good generally keep their opinions to themselves
    The bad enjoy mixing it up
    The ugly, well they just spam and agravate everyone

It's a forum, it is all personal opinion not to be taken seriously!
    What's the best hamburger?
    What is the best resort?
    what is the best restaurant?
    Who is the best dive instructor( oops, Rhoody of course)

Questions like this invite opinion and debate, it is easy to just not respond if you don't like, don't participate. But as in all things, folks take offense, like to disagree. Sometimes in a rare instance, a real meaningful dialogue starts. That I think is what happened to the last thread, but it was cut short.

So Why Not?

One of the bad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.