Dumaguete Info Search

Wild animals in Dumaguete area

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by 2blackbelts, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Marky.
    That's for sure. I have smashed a few of them going to and from Valenica. They POP when they go under the wheel of the honda wave, with all my 210# on board.

£;‹)}
    Jim

2. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It is indeed sad to know that the wildlife of the Phils is getting worse by the minute . illegial logging done on a "paid under the table " to some big shot is one of the reasons . This ios not the illegal logging of the people that live nearby the forest but the foreing logging companies as the Japanse for instance that just kill every 100 years or older tree that was suposed to stay. The Philippines is known for ENDEMIC wilflife as the Tasier , but also the Mouse Deer . There are still lots of unique Philippine hanging parrots . The only kind of parrot ( mini type) that sleeps like a bat , in other words hanging upside down. here a picture attached . Beside that the almost extinct Mount Apo Lory ( picture attached) The philiipines also have flying lizzard that er very unique in their way of movement namely " flying " from one tree to the other . Same counts for the Philippine Flying lemur. Which is not a Lemur but more a kind of squirrel. On Palawan , we stil can find the Palawan Peacock.On Luzon /Quezoin Province the RACKET TAIL Parrots and the GUAYABERO Then at Negros is the beautifull Rufus Hornbill . There are lots of ,once again , Endemic Birds here , but more and more they are vanishing.... sad indeed.

Attached Files:

3. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi earlmj, thanks for posting those colorful pics of birds. They are just so beautiful! Wish I have one of those to keep as a pet! Excellent job, earlmj! :smile:

4. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While living in Dgte, my uneducated guess was that the majority of the wild animals have mostly been killed and eaten..

5. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thats a fair guess - in liloan village any songbirds that get close are shot by the local boys - and sometimes men - with homeade slingshots - and then grilled and eaten with rice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.