Dumaguete Info Search

Working as au-pair

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by fundiver198, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1

AMEN TO THAT...:D :D :D

2. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agree with the others on this one Jim. This doesn't sound too good.

Have you been to PI yet?

3. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Dave,
    It is a no brainer...what am I thinkin! There is more than one way to skin a cat. It may be possible to work out. I thank all of you for the response.
    Jim

4. jimf

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Hello Muddy,
    No, I have not been to PI yet but it has literally been on my "dream sheet" for twenty-five years and the realization of it is close.
    I will not hand over 20k hard earnd bucks to anyone. I find it odd, I spoke with my Filipino friend here in the San Francisco and he is confused why my gf (along with her brother) have consulted an attny and were told that there is no way to have me on title other than via corp. Now I am starting to wonder.
    In any case, I know the answer will show up soon.
    Thanks again.

Jim

5. jimf

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Chrissar,
    You sound convinced and I believe you.
    Thanks.

Jim

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    No clear title... don't spend any single peso on it...
    come to the PI, expierience the lovely people and the great country, make your own decissions WITHOUT ANY advice from a girlfriend, or any local, use common sense WITHOUT ANY feelings involved. sounds hard, but this is the reality...
    as a foreigner you cant own land anyway. There are ways to "lease" it but for sure not with local "friends and relatives". Have a look first....

cheers

Rhoody

7. muddyfeet

muddyfeet DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Jim, The corp info your GF told you about is right according to filipino law. It sounds like your GF simply does not know about this as many filipinos do not know about that law. Don't write her off just because of this.

You will love the PI. The people are great, the weather is warm, the beaches are nice, the women are beautiful and approachable, the living is inexpensive, the fresh pan de sol is wonderful, the fruits are fresh, the fish is fresh, the coffee is instant, YUK. :D

Take Rhoody's advice and get to the PI ASAP on at least a 2 week vacation to someplace like Dumagete. One of the resorts there would be nice. Just kick back and take it all in, just don't be in a hurry as no one else is unless of course you are in a cab in Manila.:eek:

8. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hello neighbor jimf, take the advice of the helpful members here. Experience the Philippines you won't regret (I'm positive). You won't feel lonely because there is a good size of expat community in Dumaguete and neighboring towns. Enjoy and hope you'll make your trip soon. :smile::smile::smile:

9. jimf

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Hey Dav

I have just logged on for the first time in 2 years and noticed your post.
    What good advice; simple, clean, beautiful!
    Incidentally, I did not do it. Still have the gf though and was right about her. She is a quality individual.
    Hope all is well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.