Dumaguete Info Search

you know ur in dumaguete if...

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by RHB, Feb 21, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    its humor based in part on experience, don't take it literally. It is a fact that often bars small stores run short of small denomination bills, even at why not late in the evening I have had waitresses going around to other customers looking for change for me.
    post a one liner, instead of criticizing the thread. its all in fun anyway.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    If you are in Duma since the mid 80's I have no idea where you are going, but I life here and have that experience at least 3 times a week. Maybe you don't recognize when somebody else runs out of the shop and is looking in the neighbor-shops for change...

you know you are in Dumaguete if :

... you order something to eat at a "Happy" place at the boulevard and that place buys your food at a eatery around the corner, throws it on a plate, serves it to you and you pay 6 times more as you would eat there... even the chicken junks are now cold and barely eatable

cheers

Rhoody

3. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    ... you order something to eat at a "Happy" place at the boulevard and that place buys your food at a eatery around the corner, throws it on a plate, serves it to you and you pay 6 times more as you would eat there... even the chicken junks are now cold and barely eatable

So why are you eating it then? better still do not eat out all the time on the boulevard, have some decent home cooking? boulevard is for tourists

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Now I understand why you never had that experience since the 80 th (?) with 500 Peso bill changes. You probably also never had a 500 P bill because you eat at home where the food is better :D
    Like Rhoody said, I experience that several times A WEEK here !

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The trike drivers are the worse in my experience, they never have any change,
    so I all ways Carry small notes or the correct coins, then give a tip of course.

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    You know you are in Dumaguete if:

a local travel agent sells and hands out ferry-tickets for good (or god, or black) friday to Cebu but no ferry goes there on that strange day...

the two guys just missed the flight back to Europe, as they also could not find a local boat to bring them to Cebu...

cheers

Rhoody

7. SU babe

SU babe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yeah, better hire those cessna planes sitting around the airport. but would cost much though. i just hope they're not on holiday as well... didnt they try going to sibulan? or tampi? take the outrigger boats?!

on sunday though, it's all back to business...

good friday & black sat is so holy for us esp in the provinces...

8. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    pump boats were running from tampi today, drove by.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    not yesterday... but hey, they only missed a flight to Europe, why you wanna go there anyway... in general and special this time of the year...

10. mrbee

mrbee DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a foreigner,haven't been to Duma since 1991 and had a good time,is it still a nice place for a 72 yr old guy to retire?
    I'm an Australian and need to relax and see out my years somewhere nice.