Dumaguete Info Search

Your Help Needed Please

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Sorted!

Hi Guys & gals! OK, I have spoken to Azon and over the next Few days she will Contact one of you, She will have a cash Donation from me. She and our monster are Putting their heads together, to come up with something of their own. Seems Trisha wants to have a little say in what we, as a Family will donate.:p She told us, Listen! as a Kid, I KNOW, what is needed at school, Remember, I still go to School, I know what is missing! Makes you think a Bit!
    Out of the Mouths of Babes Springs to mind here. she has printed off the origional list of things the committee agreed on, if there is a new list can we have one. if not we will work off the origional.

Keep Trukin Guys and Gals! :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

2. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Please count me in (and add me to any mailing/group lists that might be created for the group's activities. I will send you an email address.

This is a terrific idea; we have been doing our own things off and on over nearly two years, but I'm happy to join a group of like-minded people...

Sue

3. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like the idea as well and have no problem donating to the cause. I live in Batinguel. I have watched alot of you on line keeping us all inform what goes on here in Dumaguete and Rhoody as well. I would just like to know Rhoody's opion since it is being done through this forum. It is great helping others but some times backfires when it comes to money and some people controling it. Rhoody you have been through some experiences what do you think?

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I am biased , I am slightly involved in the thursday club, just keeping my name pretty much out of it as some idiots say they step back from supporting it if "that Rhoody" is involved.

As a matter of fact all involved (not counting me) guys and girls are very honorable persons, what is the reason why the DI team decided to offer this platform to the cause of the Thursday Club and also support in financial and technical aspects.

All presently involved people live in Dumaguete or close by. It is no problem to meet them and have a chat face to face.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Rhoody, thank you for answering Hill Topper's valid questions. I will weigh in a little here. We went to Rhoody who went to Dane and asked if we could use the Forum our charity club. They know us personally and agreed to let us go forward. We voted Rhoody in as a board member for various reasons and he has taken a quiet leadership role and had donated his time, money, and energy to help us get this thing off the ground. It may help to know that although we don't operate in too formal of an environment (no one wants this to be like work), Broadside, as treasurer keeps absolute correct records of our finances, Steve, as secretary, documents all key discussions and decisions, and Jim, as chairman, makes sure the proper motioning, seconding, and voting on all necessary issues occurs. We are small, address small needs, and can only grow when the membership has the trust and confidence and understanding to join in with us and make this a success.

6. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Update

By way of material donation, we now have a complete set of brand new calculators. We're getting there little by little.

Roger

7. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

It sounds good to me. I have always been active in helping my community in one way or another as I support the construction of a church being built close to my subdivision her in Batinguel, Ben Lu Subdivision chapel. It is a good thing helping where needed. My name is Alan Ward from the USA, West Virginia. Moved here Feb. 2010 but been in the Philippines many times before. Hope to hear back on your donation.

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Personalities!

Seems a little Uncharitable of this/those members then! I am not too keen on my Boss just now BUT it would not stop me doing the Job. Personalities should never come into this Worthwhile project. Maybe it is better, not to have them associated in any way at all if attitudes, are going to creep in. I have the utmost faith, in the Committee (Most I have Met) maybe this is their problem. Obviously, they have never met you and can't or won't, take time to understand a little, of your Role here. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Jack, I emailed you a membership form. Thanks for signing up. Cheers

10. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Hilltopper, if you would like to join our Thursday Club, please send me a PM with your email and I will email you the sign up form. Appreciate your interest. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.