Dumaguete Info Search

Your Help Needed Please

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Done!

:smile: Completed and returned.

Any chance an Updated Material list?

Jack P.:smile:

2. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Updated Material List

Pintle Pen 52
    Pintle Pen Ink 13
    Cartolina 130
    Staple Wires #35, 13 Boxes
    *Erasers 130
    *Pencils, Mongol #1 520
    *Black Ball pens 130
    *Construction Paper 200 sheets
    *Notebook Double Lined 585
    *Notebook Single Lined 780
    Pad Paper 130 pads**
    *Bond Paper, Pkg 2 Reams Long, 2 Short
    Ruler, 12 inch OK
    Meter Stick 13
    Hard Plastic Folder 130
    Report Card Envelope 427*
    Calculator 13
    Crayons, Big Box 13
    Plastic Envelope 427*

3. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Update

I received an Excel file from Rhoody yesterday with prices from Cang's and Unitop for the materials in the quantities that we are trying to procure. Cang's came in at PhP29,178.84 while Unitop showed PHP 20,934.00. These prices do not include any discounts, as yet. I will try to provide more quotes later today.

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    To New Members:
    Please be aware we have formed within DI a club to sponsor charitable activities for children. You can read up on the threads and posts referring to Thursday Club. If you have an interest in joining or donating, please send me a PM. Thank you.

5. hill topper

hill topper DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I contacted Rhoody he said get intouch with you on donations. Pat had said something sending a form to join but I just wanted to donate 1000 php and how do I get it to you. Do you have meetings weekly, or when do you get together. I would like to meet some of the people I have been on the forum about 3 year now and been here to the Philippines a few times lived in Bais City for 7 months 2008. This time I came here by myself brought a home here in Batinguel and my Lawyer of 3 years have a corp. together now and he has been elected Vice Mayor now so he does not have much time to chat much. I have been here for about 1 1/2 yrs now. Single and hard to find good help here sometimes. So just let me know when you meet and I can be there. I have met Rhoody and his girlfriend, Sue & Rick. I might have met some others on here and did not know it. Thanks for your good deed helping the school. I support a little church in our area here. Alan Ward

6. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Alan,many thanks for your very generous offer. As the treasurer, I will try and get in touch with you at some stage over the weekend, as I like to give a receipt for everything received. Alternatively, if you bump in to anyone from the Club, hand it to them if you're happy to do so, and they will pass it on to me. I will still issue a receipt and make sure that it gets to you.

Once again, many thanks for your very generous donation.

Roger

7. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    just a helping hand

hi everyone! i appreciate what you guys are doing with the community....im just a hard-working girl and barely making extra...but i still love to help with time and effort when im not at work...

how can i be of help?

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Hill Topper, I emailed you a form May 8 and emailed another just now. Can you open a Microsoft Word Document? I have all your info you sent me so you should be signed up. Can you access the Thursday Club section on DI? Thanks for helping out.

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    C_rymz, thank you for your interest and offer to help out. If you would like to send me a PM with your email address, I will email you a membership form. There will be opportunties to help out.

10. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Calindagan School Project Closure

On behalf of the children, teachers, and parents of Calindagan Elementary School, we, the members of the Thursday Club, would like to extend our sincere appreciation to all who donated money, materials, time, and effort to help make this project a success.

With your help, we have provided over Php 25,000 worth of school supplies and teaching materials to the teachers and students; painted the outdoor stage, the library, and pre-school classroom; repaired over 40 florescent ceiling lights; repaired door hinges and bathroom fixtures as well as some leaks in the roof of the preschool classroom.

These efforts have, without doubt, contributed to providing a more cheerful and functional learning atmosphere for the children while inciting other parents to increase their participation during future school clean-ups. Hopefully, the free school materials have convinced some of the drop-outs to return to school, or at least, lessened the financial burden on the poorer families of that area.

As we move forward with our next projects, we would like to thank you once again for your support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.