Dumaguete Info Search

Your Help Needed Please

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moveingon

moveingon DI Member

retired
    Ratings:
    +42 / 2
    Thursday club?

Enlighten those of us that do not know of the Thursday club and where it meets and what time.

Dave

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    The Thursday Club is a small group of volunteers, foreigners and locals, whose purpose is to help bring smiles to the local children. We do this through our financial donations and labor and as advisors. As shown, our first project was putting some money and effort into helping at Calindagan School. Our next project, under discussion, is to help out at a targeted local orphanage. We have a small four person informal board that run the group and a few members have joined and also donated funds and labor. Our Board meet once a month and members are invited to join.
    We welcome new members who are interested in helping out and donating what they can to our efforts. All donations go to the projects. If you are interested in joining the Thursday Club, please send me a PM with your email address and I will email you the simple membership form. Thank you for your interest.

3. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Can a donation in account be created or a western union account or some such similar. I occasionally would like to donate small amounts for your projects. I am sure other DI members would want to contribute if it could be made easy ?? As members of this greatly informative Philippine Forum we can be assured that any funds forwarded would be going to the right places.

keep up the good work.

Take care :smile::D:smile:

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    F44, firstly, thank you for your last point, all donations go to our projects with the vast majority coming from our own pockets into the projects, nothing coming back to our pockets. We seem to come up short funding our projects and have to go deeper into our own pockets for funding.
    I think Western Union is the best way to transfer funds here, unless you have a trusted person you can transfer money electronically to.
    We had a meeting tonight to discuss alternatives for our next project and will be coming forward soon to describe the project and the effort needed. Any little bit helps. Thank you kindly.

5. San Miguel

San Miguel Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +5 / 2
    Pat: What a great cause. I wanted to donate to a local charity and this sounds perfect. I am a Chiropractic Physician and would like to donate 20% of gross income obtained from patient care. Dr. Mike

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Mike, that would be very kind of you and we are extremely grateful. If you PM me your email address, I will send you the membership form and you will have access to our Thursday Club section at the bottom of the forum. Thank you again.

7. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0

firefly...im a member of the Thursday Group and i have helped in the first project by helping in labor...im sure and very positive that the funds will go to the right place...

8. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Cherry. Firefly44 made a kind donation from England via Western Union and the transfer worked out fine. As you confirmed, 100% of the donations go directly to our projects.
    The more donations we can solicit, the more complete job we can do on our next project of building a Day Care Center in an area where one is greatly needed. All help is greatly appreciated.

9. jimf

jimf DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 18
    Well, as a former Kiwanian (Sunrise-Citrus Heights, Sacramento, California) on a bit of a hiatus, I would like to help the Thursday Club perform it's mission...heaven knows I have been fortunate, and I have heard enough to know a good group when I see one.
    I am still Stateside so it will be hard to volunteer at this time, but I trust you accept US Dollars?
    PatO, if you or Broadside would pm me and provide the specifics.
    Thank you.
    p.s. any Rotary members out there beware, I am coming to Dumaguete someday!

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Jim, thanks very much for your interest and kind offer. We could certainly use your professional skills at times when you get here. As you're a firefighter, it's always handy to have someone who knows how to climb a tall ladder safely, and stay up there for a while. If your safety department could see some of the locals climbing a ladder here barefoot, the ladder made of pliable bamboo, lashed together with twine, no safety harness, no hard hat, no secure footing at the base of the ladder, they'd just stand there in open mouthed amazement. :D And, I never met a firefighter yet that couldn't turn his hand to a useful degree of plumbing.

If you contact PatO, he will send you a simple membership form and once you've completed it, it will give you access to the Thursday Club portion of the Forum. Everything else will then drop into place.

On a purely professional standing, you might like to link up with Kevin (Firefly44) who is in the same line of work in the UK.

Thanks again,

Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.