Dumaguete Info Search

Buglasan 2012 - Rondalla Competition

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Rhoody, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    For all who wonder what Rondalla is...

Rondalla is an ensemble of string instruments like Guitar, Banduria, Laud, Bass Octacina, Banjo etc. This ensembles originated in the Philippines but are based on foreriders from Spain.

Last night R and I went to the Buglasan 2012 Rondalla Competition of the junior division. While this is of course not a fancy contest like street-dance or "Miss Whatever", I was rather surprised about the high musical standard of the contestants.

Sadly there were only 2 contestants in the Rondalla Junior Competition, so the program was supported by some seniors. However, compared to the Miss-Contest, the soundcrew was able to create an acceptable sound and the kids did an awesome job with traditional tunes, but even more with some great interpretations of some modern pop songs.

We actually just dropped by without the intention of making a lot of pictures, but some snapshots worked out fine and I think they are worth sharing it. Specially some of the seniors faces alone tell stories without any words...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed
    cheers

Rhoody

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Tks Rhoody, great post and pic's. It's so nice to see the talented seniors along with the talented kids. And wow playing with 14 strings.....