Safety Reminders When Strolling Day and Night
With incidents going all around Negros here are some tips to keep you safe.
- Organize your way, learn where you are going before leaving your house.
- Choose to travel with a company than walking alone.
- Walk to bright and urban streets. Avoid shortcuts through dark isolated areas, parking lots, or alleys.
- Take the safest route to and from schools, workplaces, stores, or your friends’ houses. Know where to go for help if you need it.
- Avoid exposing your cash or any other enticing targets like cell phones and other gadgets, expensive jewelry and clothing.
- Carry your backpack or purse close to your body and make sure to keep it closed. If you’re only carrying a wallet put it inside your coat or front pants pocket, not in your back pocket or in your backpack.
- Have your car or house key in your hand before you reach the door.
- If you think you’re being followed, change direction or cross the street. If they’re still there, move quickly toward an open store or restaurant or a lighted house. Don’t be afraid to yell for help.
- Always be alert wherever you are. Call the police to report suspicious persons or suspicious activity.
Always remember that being safe can also be your choice. So keep safe everyone!
Phone number: Smart #09292006999/ Globe# 09179330022/ Sun # 09227676444
Landline: (035) 225 1766