Dumaguete Rainy Season Tips and Hotline Numbers
PAGASA finally declares the end of El Niño and the coming of the rainy season is expected, meaning the Philippines will then again experience several typhoons. Just like the summer, Dumagueteños we need also to be alert and ready for El Niña.
Tips for Rainy Season
- Check your umbrellas and raincoats are in good condition.
- Where boots to avoid getting your feet wet.
- Clean drains to ensure proper functionality.
- Check roof for leaks.
- Hoarding food isn’t necessary but it doesn’t hurt to have a few cans in the pantree.
- Keep up to date with news and weather forecasts.
- Check your flashlight is charged/has batteries.
- If you’re living near rivers (in Dumaguete Banica River) make sure to check the water level regularly
- Make sure to maintain your phone loaded to contact emergency hotlines at all times.
- Ensure everyone knows what to do in an emergency situation.